Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Beach and My Birthday

Today I am 26 years old!! Closer to 30 than I am to 20. As I look ahead to this coming year I am excited that it will be the best year so far. God is birthing something amazing in me and I look forward to seeing how things turn out.

Yesterday after I taught for an hour, Kristin and I went to the beach. We spent the afternoon lying in the sun. There were a number of funny events. A bird flew down and stole a bite from Kristin's hand. She then proceeded to rip off part of the sandwich (around where the bird had eaten), ate the rest of her sandwich staring the bird down and then took the torn off bit and stuck it in the cooler. She was not going to let the bird have any satisfaction.

I guess I will try to write more about the beach tomorrow, as I am tired and falling asleep sitting here.

We ended up coming home early because of rain... we didn't sleep well last night. But, praise God for camping cots from "Hosea." Pretty amazing stuff.

Here is my prayer for my 26th year (you can pray this for me too): I pray that God would surround me with people who are interested in sharing and pursuing the vision for uprooted productions, that he would provide the structure and funds for the organization, that Hosea would get polished enough to really begin promoting it, that my heart would continue to change, that I would risk more with my heart, and that God would either bring a man into my life and/or make me more content in Christ.

Here's to being 26 and the adventure that awaits me this year. Thanks for joining me in my adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope you had massive ammounts of fun at the beach.

I went to the beach, right after camp. I love the beach so much!