Friday, March 12, 2010

Contemplating a change

My fear is that life is primarily difficult and meaningless.  That peace and serenity are hard to find, even for followers of Christ.

Work... ugh.  It's not that I mind working, it's just that working becomes difficult when it is all you do and you are finding no joy in it.  I don't know how to find joy again.

My husband and I are both dissatisfied and frustrated in the place we are living.  It has been a season of learning and growing, stretching, strengthening, and being humbled.  So now the question is: do we move on?  Do we hope that a different location and different jobs will continue to afford us opportunities to serve Christ while at the same time giving us the opportunity to connect with the world around us better.

So, I don't know.  I don't know how I feel or whether I am able to make another major move.  I am not sure that ministry is the place for me to be.  I am wondering if my job is overwhelming because it is two jobs or because I do not have the skill set for this particular iteration of ministry - or if I do not have the skill set for ministry at all.

Next time I change it is not just my decision but I am in a team of three - my husband, God and myself moving forward.

I guess we shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Jess. I do know one thing about you ... you are great at working with a ministry. But who knows ... maybe God has other plans for you right now. :)