Saturday, June 19, 2010

How facebook and blogs affect my discontent

I have always felt like an outsider - just beyond the fringe of "normal" and social.  Facebook does not help.  Now I can see pics and read stories of how people I have known throughout life are having a wonderful time and doing "normal" things.  I, however, am not.

I do not have a real life social group.  I do not even have weekends.  I work too much.  My husband and I are isolated from family and friends from growing up.  Days like this I wish we lived back in MD where I know lots of young married folks to hang out with.  Or I wish we lived in WA were we could enjoy all that Seattle has to give.

And so facebook makes me jealous and discontent with my life.  Now it's off to borders where I will spend the next few hours working.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so relate to you, Jess. Big time. And I especially miss snowballs and Chick-Fil-A. :) People are nice too, though. We work a lot, have kids a lot, and have zero friends, George's family is pretty much absent, and mine is far, far away in the land of snowballs and Chick-Fil-A.

At least we have Sonic ... there is a silver lining to every dark cloud...

Imola said...

Facebook is a substitute..as is TV and Radio...and, as with these, some simply get carried away...

Cheers!