Thursday, March 01, 2007

Recovery

I've walked through the valley of darkness
Sorrow and Suffering seemed my only friends
They led me to light
They showed me the beauty
The valley of darkness became something new:
It is the valley of healing
Sorrow and Suffering are not their real names:
Blessing and Gladness led me on my way
Now I breath like I've never done before.

How do you thank a God who does not let us stay where we are?
How do you thank a God who heals wounds you didn't know you had?
How do you thank a God who whispers your true name and draws you deeper?
How do you thank a God who continually rescues?

Thank you my God! Thank you!

Now I will sit back, no pressure, and enjoy recovering. I hope to spend the next month basking in gratitude and thanksgiving - or just sleeping a little more!

No comments: